Sunday, April 11, 2010

Blueglass Guitar Project

My latest, and fourth, mosaic project is progressing slowly but I'm having fun. I've learned some skills and tricks since my first projects, and I'm excited about this one.

We've had this old 12-string guitar laying around the house for years, and after seeing some mosaic'd ones around, I was excited about the possibilities. I wanted to continue using stained glass, which I learned about on project #3, especially since a ceramic guitar sounded way too heavy to hang on a wall.

I have so far been unable to create a design in advance. I had some basic line ideas, drew out some lines, collected some colors that drew me in, and set to work. I immediately felt stymied by not having a grinder, so sunk a bit more money into this hobby and bought one, which has allowed me to do things with a little more finesse. I decided not to grind everything, as that was taking way too much time, but just the pieces that needed it in the foreground, and here and there when my "nipping" skills are lacking.

Here are some photos from the past 3 weeks of work, beginning March 21, and ending April 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment